Saturday, July 26, 2014

Let's talk $$

Having a baby does NOT have to cost thousands of dollars. In fact, you can get most everything you want for your baby (yes, name brand things)without EVER paying full price. I repeat, DO NOT EVER pay full price for baby things. If you feel comfortable buying things off craigslist, this is a great place to start. Often, people sell their baby things that have been used for ONE child for maybe 6 or less months. Read: Brand new. For usually around 50% off. Stores like Once Upon a Child are also useful in finding gently used baby things. If you're not comfortable or really want new things for your baby, you can find those, too! You have to find the sales and most of all, BE PATIENT. Here's a few examples of deals I (my mom) has scored. We are deal fiends!

Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat
Currently selling on Amazon for: $190
I bought for: $113

HOW? Target's semi-annual baby sale. The carseat was 30% off, bringing down the total to $133. But wait! I also had a $20 off $100 coupon on baby things at target. That brought my total down to $113.
 I saved 60% on a brand new carseat.

Babysuite 300 deluxe
Selling on Amazon for $90
I bought for: $25
HOW!? My mom was scouring the clearance aisles at target and found it selling for $25. Why? It was an, "online only" purchase. These are AMAZING finds at target. What it means is that someone bought this online, then returned it to the store. However, they don't sell it in the store, so it automatically gets marked down.
I saved 72% on a pack n play

Carter's Cotton Zip Up Sleeper
Carters.com for: $9.60
I bought for: $3.20
NEVER NEVER NEVER pay full price for baby clothes! They outgrow them SO FAST and they get ruined too quickly! They are not worth anything. I went to the Carter's outlet near my house, where there was a clearance rack.  ALSO, there was an extra 20% off clearance sale happening. While it is great to shop the clearance racks alone, patiently wait a few weeks until there is an EXTRA % off clearance to save even more money. I know people who consistently pay full price for baby clothes. Upwards of $15-20 for ONE shirt. It makes me cringe! Baby clothes are not something to invest money in to.
I saved 50% on this (and lots of other) baby clothes.


Fisher-Price Bath
Target.com for: $28 
I paid: $7
Again, this was a clearance find at Target. Just make a quick target run one time a week and you will find everything you need!
I saved 75% on a brand new baby tub


Halo Sleep Sack:
Target.com: $20
I paid: $5
Clearance, clearance, clearance!!!
I saved 75% on this sleep sack

Buying baby things is FUN!!! However, the cost of all the small things you need, furniture, essentials, diapers, wipes, etc., can really add up fast. If you are patient and wait until a good deal comes along ( I promise, it will) you can literally save hundreds if not thousands of dollars on cost. A special thanks goes out to my mom who taught me how to bargain shop, and found like 90% off these deals for me :) Thanks mom!!! She really is the best!!

Good luck in your shopping, and lots of clearance dust to you! 
XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment